Each quarter, students in all five bachelor's degree programs at Neumont enroll in Enterprise Projects. These courses provide students with the opportunity to complete a project for a client company. The companies change every quarter with some companies providing multiple projects over time for students to hone their skills while other companies are looking to complete a single project and move on.
For the summer of 2017, Neumont has eight Enterprise Projects with some great Industry Partners summarized below:
- DealerTrack: Summit Launcher is a DealerTrack project where students with knowledge of AngularJS, .NET Core, RESTful web services, and Amazon Web Services are building an internal tool for the integrated automotive dealership tech company.
- Graduation Alliance: Students using Microsoft, .NET MVC5, MS SQL Server, and third-party frameworks like AngularJS, RabbitMQ, Redis, SignalR, and Webpack will create and test a content management system and modules for applications within "Voyager" (an online platform for career planning and education). Graduation Alliance offers online learning to help more students graduate from high school.
- IGT: Using Unity, C#, MS Office Extensions, IGT Game SDK, and IGT Game Projects, game development students are creating a tool that allows engineers to drop a game rules document into Unity creating new game objects for every rule described. IGT creates lotteries, machine games, and social games.
- PriorityDispatch: Students on this project are developing an event management application that will assist the company in planning professional conferences. The app is being built in ASP.NET MVC with Entity framework.
- RizePoint: Students are continuing work to implement two Microsoft WSUS servers in separate environments. The students on this team are required to work on different projects across the company including a design update on the RizePoint app, developing automation tools for engineering, moving RizePoint to the cloud, and modernizing the back-end of their system. RizePoint offers quality management software.
- Willis Towers Watson: The company is offering two different projects this quarter with one student team focusing on documentation of existing processes. They'll also create MS SQL systems and testing current systems. The second student team will work to document audits and client requirements. Willis Towers Watson offers management solutions to companies.
- Voonami: Actually due to non-disclosure agreements, we can only tell you we have a project with them. Voonami provides data centers for companies to outsource their information systems infrastructure to.
Through Enterprise Projects, students gain real-world, meaningful experience before they graduate. Students use the projects to establish a strong resume and the experience to shape their classroom knowledge into professional experience. All of this helps our students graduate ready to launch their careers in the tech industry.
Can't wait to get real-world experience before you graduate with a bachelor's degree? Students accepted to the Class of 2020 must complete all of their financial aid steps by July 17, 2017. Check your status on the Accepted Student Portal to see what steps you have left. Students interested in attending Neumont in the fall of 2018, can start their Application for Admission now.
Interested in participating in Enterprise Projects to see how our students fit into your company? Contact Neumont Director of Corporate Relations Britta Nelson to see what our students can do for you.