Each year, Neumont University hosts accepted students for the event of a lifetime. Freshman Experience a.k.a. FReX gives future students the opportunity to see our campus in person and determine if Neumont is right for them. And although there are many reasons to visit Nemont, below are the five we think are the most important.
1. See the campus and tour student housing. Did you know 85% of our students are from out-of-state? That means for many of our current students the first time they visited Utah was when they attended FReX at Neumont's campus. It's okay if FReX is your first visit to our campus. It will be for just about everyone there. You'll get to check out our high-tech campus and downtown Salt Lake City with a first-hand look at how this can be your new home away from home.
2. Check out downtown Salt Lake City. Neumont's campus is smack dab in the middle of SLC. Our campus extends from our front doors to a city of art, cultural events, street fairs, farmers markets, shops, restaurants, parks, entertainment venues, and outdoor recreation. Plus, Utah's public transportation system can get you where you need to be.
3. Get to know other future students. You'll likely meet your future roommates, classmates, and start lifelong friendships at FReX. During the weekend, you'll get to know other future students through fun activities like our all-things-game student social.
4. Meet current students faculty and staff. You'll have a chance to get answers to all of your questions as you meet current students, faculty, and staff during FReX events. You and your parent(s)/guardian(s) will hear from key members of Neumont's staff and faculty during presentations. You'll also get to hang out with Student Ambassadors, current students who will serve as your guide to all things FReX for the weekend.
5. See project-based learning in action. We talk about our unique curriculum for learning software development a lot. And you're probably wondering just what exactly we mean when we say, "hands-on, project-based learning." The best way to understand this approach is to see it in person. At our Project Showcase event, students will show you the websites, apps, robots, and more they've built over 10 weeks.
Can't wait to visit? Learn more about FReX 2017 and register to attend this event next spring.