One of the best ways to know whether or not a college is right for you is to visit campus. That’s why we encourage all of our accepted students to join us for Freshman Experience (FReX). The two-day event will be March 11-12, 2016 and April 8-9, 2016. Accepted students can choose to attend either event.
At FReX, we invite our accepted students to join us for presentations, student socials, and a housing tour. We also encourage students to make an appointment with their Financial Aid Advisor while they’re here.
We want students to feel comfortable with the choice they’re making to attend our university and that’s why we encourage all of our visitors to:
- Get to know your future classmates: It might be tempting to cut out early (no lines, no traffic). But if you stay for the entire event, you’ll have a much clearer view of what life at Neumont University will be like than if you attend only a couple events. On Friday evening, we’ll have a student-only social where you can meet, game, and get to know who you’ll be spending the next three years with. We mean it when we say, “You’ll fit in here.”
- Meet with Financial Aid: Seriously. We ask all of our visitors to make an appointment with financial aid. Trust us, you’ll appreciate the time they’ll take to walk you through the financial aid process and discuss how you can fund your Neumont education.
- Tour Student Housing: We also encourage all of our visiting accepted students to schedule a tour of student housing. You’ll visit a current student apartment at the Eastside Apartments. These two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartments are most popular among our freshmen.
- Visit a classroom (sort of): We’re proud of our project-based approach to learning. And we know it can be tough to understand just what that means. (You’ll build and develop projects from day one.) We ask our accepted students to join us for Project Showcase, an event where current students demonstrate their latest gaming and software projects to staff, faculty, and other students.
- Arrive early or stay late: If you’re able to arrive before the two-day event or stay through Sunday, we encourage you to do it. We love Salt Lake City, and we want you to get to know your future neighborhood. If possible, take a few hours to tour downtown and see what it’s like here.
- Ask questions: We want to help you get the information you need to make the best decision for your future. There are no wrong questions. So ask away!
As you’re planning your accepted student visit to Neumont University, we encourage you to call the Office of Admissions to arrange your Financial Aid and Student Housing Appointments. You can reach your Admissions Officer at 888-638-668 or email@example.com.
Not an accepted student? Apply by our General Admission Deadline of January 25, 2016.