Contact Us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right. 

143 South Main Street
Salt Lake City, UT, 84111
United States

888-638-6668

Neumont College of Computer Science was founded in Salt Lake City, Utah in 2003, to fill the growing national demand for industry-ready technology professionals by offering bachelor’s degree in three years that immerses students in a rigorous, project-based curriculum. This blog serves as a platform to publish and share, news, reviews, and stories from Utah's best kept tech secret. 

'Hour of Code' with Neumont SWE Volunteers and Highland Park Elementary

Blog

Neumont University's official blogs shares the stories of our students, alumni, faculty, and staff to illustrate the Neumont experience. 

Neumont University

Last week, Neumont University joined with millions of students across the world to celebrate ‘Hour of Code’ – a nationwide initiative by Computer Science Education Week and Code.org to introduce millions of students to one hour of computer science and computer programming.

A few Neumont students from the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) volunteered their time and talents to help fifth graders at Salt Lake City School District’s Highland Park Elementary School. The SWE volunteers answered questions about technology, what types of jobs they’re planning to have in the future, and what it's like going to school year-round at a computer science focused university. Some of the fifth graders were especially relieved to hear that you don’t have to be Einstein or a straight-A student to code and love computer science. 

We got a kick out of reading the 10 and 11 year-old’s responses about their “Day of Code” experience with Neumont. Check out the press release and read some of the student’s reviews below.

“I learned that technology is cool to study. I learned that there is a technology college. I learned that there is no summer in technology school. I learned that technology is very interesting.” 
“I learned that you can make any game you want. But you have to work very hard to get an education and go to college.” 
“It was great. I learned how to code Minecraft.” 
“I liked how [Neumont] came and led us on the 'Hour of Code.' They are so nice, and they will help us figure out the problems on the computer. Even if they are like 10 years older than us, they are so nice. I can’t stop saying how nice they are to us. I love math and science.” 
“Today, I learned to code you don’t have to be good at math or science cause to be truthful I am so so so so so so bad at math and science.” 
“I learned technology is way cool. I love the people that taught us the stuff today. They are so cool. I am so glad and grateful they came today. I learned a lot more today than I was suppose.”
“I learned that coding is fun! You can make video games which is awesome! When you go to [Neumont] you get no summer vacation! You don’t have to be a genius to go to Neumont University! You can work for Google and other companies. CODING IS AWESOME!”
IMG_1028.JPG
“I liked learning about how these students are accomplishing. I liked hearing what they want to be when they grow up. It was fun. Thank you.” 
“I love the code game because it makes me feel like really smart and I love that all of these people are here, and it was amazing, and I want them back!!!!!!” 
“I love coding! My brother will freak out when he hears about Minecraft coding.”
“NU taught me about computer science. They have all made me think what if I want to work with technology and gaming and more. I hope one day I could learn about technology and be a science geek and help others.”